I used to refuse to wear lipstick.
Now I'm obsessed. Today I sported red for the first time. I like it even more than the berry colors I usually wear. >:)
The red I'm wearing is "True Red" by revlon. I wanted the matte one, but I got some kind of creamy one instead. It still looks fine if you blot it though. In the picture it isn't blotted, but after you blot it looks more like a bright berry color.. which is a good everyday look.
I think I payed around $8 at CVS. It's good if you just want to see how red lips look on you, without paying as much as MAC.
The only problem is the staying power, and when I run out I'll probably go match the color in MAC and wear that instead. I have a feeling I'll be wearing red lipstick a lot more. :)
Belly rings are not necessarily trashy.
Okay, so maybe that's not the best picture to back up my theory. Blame Getty Images.
I've never been considered trashy. Maybe awkward, but not trashy. I got my belly pierced a few months ago, though, and I wish I didn't. I got mine done on prom night. The gingerbitch that was supposed to take me decided to take another girl last minute... so I got left with no date. Being the angsty seventeen year old I am, I had to do something to rebel. The majority of people that I've met have the opinion that belly ring's are 1990's/trashy/outdated. Perfect. For some reason, I'm fond of things that are considered frowned upon.
I never wear anything belly revealing unless you count swim wear, so no one really sees it. I thought it'd be kind of a kitschy/adorably-tacky kind of thing. However, the only place people ever see it is at the beach- and pulling off a kitschy/adorably-tacky look there is difficult when wearing a bikini with your hair up and no makeup. I ended up, alas, just looking like another high school girl thinking their belly ring was OMGG S0O CUuUuTE!!11!!
This winter I'm going to take it out. I say sometime this winter, because currently, it refuses to be taken out. I've literally used pliers in an attempt to unscrew the barbel or whatever it's called. Dis bitch is stayin'.. for now.
I must admit, I was guilty of sippin' on the Rihanna hateraid. Until now.
I really didn't like Rated R. At all. She was trying way too hard to sound like a bad ass. She went from peppy, umbrella-singing rihanna to all-black, leather wearing, "i'm going to avoid smiling at all costs" rihanna faster than it would take for Michael Phelps to swim a lap in a kiddie pool. I thought she was very one dementional, lack luster, and overall just boring.
HOWEVER, she has a new song out, and it's pretty much been on repeat all day for me- Who's That Chick ft. David Guetta.
The video is so fun and energetic, yet extremely simple. It reminds me of an 80's rave with a circus theme. She actually smiles in the video- more than once! Her makeup and hair is flawless. The outfits are so adorable and sassy. The song itself makes me want to hit up da clubz, because i just wannaaa daaance :)
<object data="http://www.youtube.com/v/dgjRqzpYDUE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="350" width="425">
<param name="data" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dgjRqzpYDUE" />
<param name="src" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dgjRqzpYDUE" />
EDIT: click where it says 'watch on youtube' since it won't allow you to watch it on my actual link. sadface. :( ALSO, there is a possibility that the video is just for a Doritos commercial? Hm. I call bull shit.
The VMA's is my subsitute for the Super Bowl.
(^picture thanks to MTV.com)
Instead of pre-gaming with beer, though, I pre-game with caffeine and other non-alcoholic beverages. (I'm a legit rebel.)
Here's some highlights from this year's VMA's:
- Nicki Minaj. Her ass is about the size of Kim Kardashian's... something previously thought as humanly impossible. I couldn't quit looking at it. Well, actually, I totally forgot about her abnormally large gluteus maximus after I caught sight of the world's most obvious camel toe. Put those bacon strips away, please. No, really.
- Chelsea Handler. Lies, MTV, all lies. Chelsea was totally censored. She seemed awkward and nervous. There was only one or two actually funny lines out of the entire show. One of the main reasons I was so excited about the VMA's this year was because Chelsea got to be the host. Love Chelsea anyways though<3.
- Taylor Swift. MTV actually scheduled nap time into the VMA's this year via T-Swizzle. I was hoping for her to at least say something witty or funny about Kanye West, but unfortunately, her performance resembled the diary of a 13 year old girl. Whiny and incoherent.
- Lady Gaga. Thank God for Gaga. She was beautiful as always, and took home her fair share of awards. She brought men and women affected by Don't Ask Don't Tell as her guests. <3. She won the coveted VIDEO OF THE YEAR award. All little monsters rejoiced as she revealed the name of her album-in-the-works, Born This Way. Lady Gaga's meat dress upset PETA bitchez everywhere. Boo hoo.
- Kanye West. Kanye is still relevent? Who knew. Severely disppointed that there was no interruption from T-Swizzle.
- Ke$ha. She actually didn't do anything of importance, but... she washed her hair! Yes, finally! aaand, she wore a trash bag. You win some, you lose some.
& that's the 2010 VMA's, minus a minor detail or two (or maybe a few..). :)
I've never been the 'blogging' type.
You know, "Oh, blogging is for hipsters that are so self absorbed that they think the world actually cares what they have to say.. or Perez Hilton. "
Well, I'm definintely not a hipster, and my lack of penis/facial hair eliminates the possibility of being Perez Hilton.
BUT, what the hell. I have nothing better to do. I love pop culture, fashion, the entertainment industry in general. It only takes a few minutes to post a blog anyways.
My point is, before I start this blog, I guess I should tell you bitchez a little bit about myself.
I'm young, 17. I love fashion and pop culture. It's what I want to get into as a career, and it's my absolute passion. I'm a Lady Gaga luvin', agnostic, democrat, who enjoys reading biographies. Blah, blah, blah. My attention spand is shot.
Thanksies and goodbye!